Your Babys Growth and Development : Week - 1 & Week - 2 : Month - 10
Your baby gets bigger and stronger every week. Here's what to expect in Week - 1 & Week - 2 of Month - 10
Week 1 & 2
This month, your baby can stand up without holding anything and may try to take a few steps with support. You can also hear your cutie-pie trying to say mama, papa and few other words; by the end of the second week, his babble becomes clearer and you can expect multi-syllable words in the coming weeks. Your baby might also start to mimic your activities, which is an important part of his learning process.
Talking to your baby: Do it right!
In 10 months, your baby can understand small words like bye-bye, mama, no etc., so it is important to help your baby develop her language and speaking ability. According to researchers, children who spoke and read during their early childhood have a larger vocabulary and good grammar. Here are some of the Dos and Don’ts to improve your baby’s language:
Baby’s language development - Dos
- Talk to your child as much as possible. This is the age, she learns to grasp new words so talk about your day or point out at various things around her and say their name such as ‘Ba-na-na’, ‘Cha-ir’, ‘Bal-loon’ etc.
- Respond to her babble even if they are nonsense syllables. This will help the baby to understand how conversation works. Give her enough time to respond before you talk about something else. You can also show pictures from magazines or story books and ask her simple questions like ‘where is the apple?’ etc.
- Talk slowly in a high pitch tone for her to understand and grasp the new words. Do not hesitate to repeat the same word even 10-12 times as it takes time for kids to learn the new words.
- You can sing to her; it can be your favourite song or a nursery rhyme. Music can help your baby to connect and she may even dance to your song.
- Name the people and objects around her which will help in familiarizing the environment. It can be people, animals, objects or photos.