Your Babys Growth and Development : Week - 3 : Month - 2
We at LifeCell are here to handhold you on your baby steps into parenting. Your baby gets bigger and stronger every week. . Here's what to expect in Week - 3 of Month - 2
By the 7th week, your baby would’ve grown out of the curled up position and stretch out to appear steady. You can hold him with confidence as he would have by now, grown out of his wiggly self and be more upright when help up. He will also give you his attention when you talk to him. Responding to his cute coos and noises will aid in his language development skills.
At the end of the 8th week your baby would be completing 2 months! From this point your baby would start gaining close to 1 kg every month. His body is getting stronger and he is awake for close to 10 hours per day.
Mastering the art of nappy change!
Nappy change is one of the biggest roles of parenting at least during the first few years. Your ever-hungry new born is always doing overtime with his big job! Here are some tips to help you get a grip of this cute chore:
- Most brands now offer the pant-type diaper which makes it easy for you to draw it up your baby’s thighs
- Distract your baby with music or by talking to him while changing the diaper
- During each change, wipe the baby clean and dry and apply a mild diaper rash cream
- Change the diaper often. Newborns may require up to 6 diapers a day.
- Allow some nappy-free time to allow circulation of air around the bottom