How Preserving Your Baby’s Umbilical Cord Blood Stem Cells Can Help?
By preserving your baby’s umbilical cord blood stem cells with LifeCell’s Community Stem Cell Bank, your baby will be able to access matching umbilical cord blood stem cells for treatments that require donor stem cells. Hence, your baby will be covered for all conditions treatable by stem cells including the treatments that require donor stem cells.
How Does LifeCell Community Stem Cell Bank Work?
It works on the concept of sharing the preserved stem cells exclusively amongst its community members to find matching donor stem cells amongst themselves, thereby providing protection to the baby and all the immediate family members against all medical conditions treatable by stem cells.
- Parents preserve their baby’s umbilical cord blood stem cells with LifeCell and join the community stem cell bank.
- Qualified cord blood stem cells units collectively become part of a common pool that is shared only between the community members. As the community pool grows with addition of more samples, it will give families the best chance of finding a matching donor stem cells from this pool.
- The preserved cord blood stem cells in the common pool can be accessed by any member of the community and/or their family members including baby, siblings, parents and grandparents.
- The parents hold exclusive ownership rights of the baby’s cord blood stem cells for the first 2 years in case the baby requires its own cord blood to treat any medical condition arising due to developmental delays.
- Only LifeCell’s Community Banking Program provides complete protection against all 80+ blood related medical conditions treatable by stem cells through own as well as donor stem cells.
- Current LifeCell Registry size: 25000+ qualified samples (4 times of all public banks in India) (* as on June 2018)
- An ICMR sponsored study says a registry with over 25,000 samples provides 95% chance of finding a matching unit14
- LifeCell’s Community Stem Cell Bank has an exponentially growing cord blood inventory to offer best match rate in the coming years
For LifeCell Community Banking Members
Complete Protection of the Baby against all conditions treatable using stem cells (own & donor)
Unlimited Financial Assistance of INR 20 lakhs for every stem cells transplantation for baby, siblings & parents
Protection to the baby’s siblings, parents and grandparents (maternal & paternal) by providing unrelated donor stem cells
Cover for Bone Marrow or Peripheral Blood Stem Cells Transplant of INR 20 lakhs for every transplantation for baby, siblings & parents
Unlimited samples retrievals and absolutely free of cost each time for entire family
Unlimited Quality Guarantee and Disaster Relief of INR 20 lakhs each for every stem cells transplantation
Best probability of finding matching donor stem cells
Continued protection of stem cells to the baby and family even if the baby’s cord blood is of low volume / unfit for processing / storage
Exclusive access to LifeCell Registry (already 4 times larger than any public stem cell bank in India)
Full Money Refund (except sample collection charges) with continued benefits for family
India’s Only Bank Offering Dual Storage at Chennai and Gurgaon
Free CFU Assay on all stored cord blood stem cells both at the time of storage and also at the time of transplant