PrepaCyte-CB® is a sterile, US FDA 510K approved closed processing system manufactured under US FDA’s current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP). It is a completely closed, sterile system that greatly reduces the chance for contamination during processing.
A premier cord blood processing technology which yields the maximum recovery of healthy stem cells and provides superior red blood cell depletion over all other methods.
- Bag 1 is filled with the PrepaCyte-CB® solution that separates the umbilical cord blood into three distinct layers (RBCs, Buffy Coat and Plasma).
- The upper plasma and middle buffy coat layers are then carefully transferred in Bag 2.
- Upon further processing, the layer rich in stem cells is transferred to the final 25 ml storage bag which is then cryopreserved.
What Are The Benefits of PrepaCyte-CB®?
Higher Stem Cell Recovery
Lower Red Blood Cells
Fastest recovery after transplants
|Parameters||PrepaCyte-CB®||Sepax / Sepax 2||AXP / AXP II|
|Days To Recovery Of Patient||16 Days||20 Days||21 Days|
|TNCC Recovery (%)||85 - 90%||75 - 80%||76%|
|RBC Depletion (%)||99%||84.70%||70%|
Other Advantages of PrepaCyte-CB®
- Maintains the ability of stem cells to multiply.
- Stem cell recovery is not affected by the initial volume of cord blood.
- A completely sealed & sterile system that greatly reduces the chances of contamination.
- Reduces identification errors.
- Consists of non-toxic components.
How PrepaCyte-CB® Can Save Hospitalization Cost?
A comparison between the engraftment time (days to recovery) for transplants with PrepaCyte-CB® processed cord blood to other methods, shows the superiority of the method (depicted in the table above).
Faster recovery leads to lesser time in hospital which ultimately saves money!
The choice is clear!!
Through our commitment to quality, we are able to offer the best cord blood product which could lead to better treatment outcomes, less stress and possible financial savings.
Join LifeCell in its undaunted journey to ensure every family a healthy future.