The stem cells extracted from the umbilical cord blood right after the birth of your child are a powerful resource with immense regenerative potential. Hence, these stem cells have been successfully used in the treatment of over 80 diseases such as genetic, immune, and neurological disorders.
Earlier, stem cells obtained from the umbilical cord were considered medical waste. However, due to advances in the field of stem cell research as well as their use in many successful transplants over the years, numerous parents are showing interest in preserving their baby’s precious stem cells. Banking your cord blood stem cells is a life-saving investment that has the potential to safeguard your child’s future. LifeCell’s community stem banking further extends this powerful protection to the entire family, including the child’s sibling, parents, as well as both, maternal and paternal grandparents.
Why preserve stem cells?
Here are the top 10 reasons to make use of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
- Treatment of medical conditions: As a result of their regenerative abilities, these stem cells have been used in the treatment of over 80 diseases, including different forms of blood cancers, genetic, immune, and neurological disorders.
- Safe & Simple Collection: Unlike bone marrow stem cells, the extraction process of umbilical cord stem cells is risk-free and painless to both, the mother and the baby. It also takes place right after the birth of your child.
- Covers the Entire Family: LifeCell’s Community Banking fulfils your family’s stem cell needs. It protects the entire family at the cost of one enrolment & also provides financial assistance of up to INR 20 lakhs for each transplant.
- Once-In-A-Lifetime Opportunity: Since these stem cells can be extracted only at the time of the birth of your child, it becomes even more important to make this invaluable investment to protect your child’s health. With LifeCell’s Community Stem Cell Banking, this protection can also be extended to the entire family.
- Perfect Match: With the limited availability of ethnic origin stem cells, it is difficult for patients to find a matching stem cell donor. Did you know that 70% of the patients currently do not find a matching donor within their family? With LifeCell’s Community Stem Cell Banking, however, the chance of finding a matching unit of stem cells is greater than 96%.
- Easy Access: Stem cell banking not only reduces long waits but also helps avoid unnecessary expenses when finding a matching donor. Moreover, LifeCell’s community banking provides the stem cell cover for your whole family, including siblings, parents, and grandparents.
- Affordable Cost: In most countries, stem cell banking is quite expensive. However, LifeCell Stem Cell Bank provides parents with several pocket-friendly payment plans as well as affordable EMI options, starting at only INR 950 a month.
- Lower Risk and Rejection Rates: The stem cells obtained from the umbilical cord have been shown to have significantly lower rejection rates and a reduced risk of transmitting infections than the ones obtained from bone marrow.
- Lifetime Need: LifeCell’s Community Stem Cell Banking fulfils your family’s lifetime need for these life-saving stem cells. The probability of an individual requiring a stem cell transplant during their lifetime is 1 in 217.
- Emerging Research: Several breakthroughs have been occurring everyday in the field of stem cell therapy and regenerative medicine. In addition to blood-related disorders, umbilical cord blood stem cells have been shown to improve symptoms of spastic cerebral palsy. They have also been used to successfully enhance speech & behavioural symptoms in children with autism.
With LifeCell’s Community Stem Cell Banking, you can avail all these exclusive benefits for protecting your child’s and family’s future. To know more, contact our experts on 1800-266-5533 today!