Pregnancy Care, Tips, Guide Week 22, Month 6
This week, your little junior measures 27cms from head to toe and looks like the size of a fig. Your baby’s senses mature fast with the development of sight, sound, touch etc. The baby begins to touch his/her face and neck, suck thumb, hold the umbilical cord and practice grasp reflexes. The little muscles of your champ are finely formed along with the development of reproductive organs. Other organs of the body are also developing at a fast pace due to the action of essential hormones. The placenta continues to grow throughout the three trimesters of pregnancy to provide nourishment for the baby.
The ideal weight of the baby is estimated to be 430 grams (15.17 ounces).
This week, your waistline may expand in size with gradual weight gain and you will look more pregnant that being fat. This week, you may be able to sense your baby’s movements; your little champ may respond to your voice and other loud external noises pretty well. For some expectant mothers, it may take a while to feel the movements; remember that every pregnancy is unique and the experiences vary for every mother.
It is not just your tummy that is growing; you will also be experiencing swollen legs. You may still have pregnancy symptoms like constipation, heart burn, indigestion, vaginal discharge, leg cramps, stretch marks etc. Involve in physical fitness activities which can keep your muscles strong and prepare you for labour.
- If your gynecologist prescribed prenatal vitamins, do not miss them as they provide the required vitamins and nutrients for the baby’s normal growth and development.
- You can include calcium and potassium rich foods like bananas, oranges etc., to fight leg cramps.
- If your belly is dry and itchy due to stretch marks, start rubbing mild moisturizer everyday and keep the skin hydrated.
- Try panty liners if the vaginal discharge is heavy which will avoid unpleasant odour.
- Avoid harsh and complex workouts like jogging or running, instead try walking, yoga, stretches or swimming.