A mother of two beautiful children, Lucie Clark was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis while she was slowing losing her eyesight and ability to walk.
LifeCell Academy – Learn Stem Cells from the Experts
LifeCell is India’s first and largest stem cell bank, enjoying the trust of over 1, 30,000 parents who have banked their children’s stem cells with us. LifeCell Academy, the educational wing of LifeCell International Private Limited, focuses on sharing their accumulated stem cell knowledge through industrial training program to students and professionals in the life sciences field.Why LifeCell Academy? After a decade of excellence in stem cell solutions, LifeCell is expanding its horizons to help stem cell aspirants get hands-on experience in stem cell technology. Although the research world demands exposure to real time stem cell technology, it is limited to students and life science professionals in our country. To bridge the gap and ensure the availability of stem cell knowledge to all, LifeCell offers a 3-week training program for stem cell enthusiasts. The candidates who enroll for this training program have the opportunity to learn about stem cells from the industry experts and receive exposure to latest technology in one of best stem cell labs with state-of-the-art infrastructure.What do they offer?This 3-week program offers training on stem cells and dendritic cells with access to advanced laboratory facilities. The program offers regular courses and special training programs which will provide practical experience on industrial and research applications of stem cells. The courses are conducted by faculties with years of expertise in the field of stem cells.The course offers exposure to stem cell populations that have already been approved for therapies and clinical trials. Since dendritic stem cells are used in the cancer vaccine studies, they are now being mainstreamed for therapy and thus the course includes working on dendritic cells.Course Module This 3-week program covers the following:
- Isolation, characterization and cryopreservation of Haematopoietic stem cells from human umbilical cord blood.
- Isolation of mesenchymal stem cells from umbilical cord tissue and their culture expansion, characterization and cryopreservation
- Differentiation of peripheral blood monocytes to dendritic cells and demonstration of macromolecular transfer to dendritic cells using surrogate markers
- The cord blood, tissue and peripheral blood samples used in the program are donor samples.
Program HighlightsThis program offers best in class benefits for the candidates, some of which are:
- Theoretical foundation of the course is included in the program
- The course covers applications of stem cell therapy
- Exposure to world class stem cell industry protocols
- 10 students per batch thereby providing individual guidance to all the participants
- Hands-on training for every participant
Alumini Talks"LifeCell definitely nurtures a learning environment. When I was entering this internship, I was nervous because I had only completed my first year of my undergraduate education. However, the program is designed in a way that it reaches out to people from different academic levels; so as long as you have the passion and determination, you will acquire a great amount. This internship was an incredible learning experience and I would recommend it to anyone who is even considering applying. I gained both exposure and confidence through my experience at LifeCell, which, I am sure, will help me in my academic career."If you are interested to learn about stem cells from the pioneers of stem cell banking, this is the right place. To know more about the course details, logon to http://www.lifecell.in/social-care